Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presents a community forum for all Honda and non Honda fanatics...

3 posters

The Lil Things!!!!

Honda_Mad
    Honda_Mad

Number of posts : 237
    Rider Points : 430
    Street Rep : 8
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

The Lil Things!!!! Empty The Lil Things!!!!

Post  Honda_Mad Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:25 am

Just a simple few things 2 do 2 ur ride 2 make it run like it should, If u look at the QUICK 20v's ask those guys what mods they got? Basically fokkkel, exhaust, induction but they running in the 14's some even with stock paper filters, Now u ask urself hows this possible???? U dont need the world of power 2 be quick!!! First steps 2 mod'ing is 2 make what u got work 2 its optimum! Then start adding aftermarket parts, When i first drove the civic it felt abit dead.

- Changed the Spark plugs. OEM vtec plugs
    - Changed the oil filter - OEM Honda
    - Fuel Filter - OEM Honda (some ppl really forget about this, a dirty fuel filter makes the fuel pump work harder!!)
    - OIL - I used the semi synthetic Shell Blue can. U wont believe how much good oil can help a motor.

She then started feeling better, revving smoother. On Monday I had 2 go 2 wellington, so I went with the civic, Filled her with avgas. Avgas is a Low Lead fuel, lead removes carbon build up Wink Reset the ECu and drove the kak out of it for an hour!!! Now the motor felt loose. Advanced the timing SLIGHTLY on the dizzy. Avgas also has a higher knock threshold coz its 100 octane. A vtec hass knock sensors and a very nice stock ECU(for its age). So it will also advance and retard depending on what the knock signal is but only so much.

This is what I did 2 get a stock b16 with just exhaust and induction to run well. The motors got 325 000 km on but doesn't smoke and use excessive amounts of oil.(BTW if ur motor has lots of internal wear, it's not going 2 run well no matter how hard u try coz u loosing compression and air fuel mixture wont be efficient coz of the oil content)

Theres other factors that also help alot, good tires, wheel alignment, good shocks, springs ectt WILL help alot 2 get the car off the line better. If u guys have anything else 2 add pls do.
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Number of posts : 367
    Rider Points : 534
    Street Rep : 0

The Lil Things!!!! Empty Re: The Lil Things!!!!

Post  Vtec_Driver Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:07 pm

Cool info there Allmotr and another thing worn out mountings don't help you get the power to the ground.

So make sure those engine mountings are in top tip shape and not like mine. Embarassed
    Honda_Mad
    Honda_Mad

Number of posts : 237
    Rider Points : 430
    Street Rep : 8

Post  Honda_Mad Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:41 pm

We forgetting the biggest Variable in Racing. THE DRIVER, if u cant drive ur mods will mean nothing!!!
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Number of posts : 317
    Rider Points : 369
    Street Rep : 1
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

Post  PJ B20ztec Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:48 pm

AllMOTR-WP wrote:We forgetting the biggest Variable in Racing. THE DRIVER, if u cant drive ur mods will mean nothing!!!

I've seen ppl drive a car and lose heavy, then another person gets in the same car and drives circles around the car that it just lost against... Shocked
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Post  Vtec_Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:11 pm

PJ B20ztec wrote:
    AllMOTR-WP wrote:We forgetting the biggest Variable in Racing. THE DRIVER, if u cant drive ur mods will mean nothing!!!

I've seen ppl drive a car and lose heavy, then another person gets in the same car and drives circles around the car that it just lost against... Shocked

So i think you should let me drive the b20 lol!
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:05 pm

Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:

J wens...but you welcome to give me your car so that i can bring that time of yours down to 15.3 Twisted Evil lol!
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Post  Vtec_Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:05 pm

PJ B20ztec wrote:
    Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:

J wens...but you welcome to give me your car so that i can bring that time of yours down to 15.3 Twisted Evil lol!

okay then we swop for one day of killarney
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:
    Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:

That would be cool wit me...but you must get 15's on your car Twisted Evil
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Post  Vtec_Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:14 pm

PJ B20ztec wrote:
    Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:
    Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:

That would be cool wit me...but you must get 15's on your car Twisted Evil

cheers now thats a deal....i will suma buy 15s so i can drive that Beast

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:33 pm