Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presents a community forum for all Honda and non Honda fanatics...

3 posters

F20b/2L vtec???

PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Number of posts : 317
    Rider Points : 369
    Street Rep : 1
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

F20b/2L vtec??? Empty F20b/2L vtec???

Post  PJ B20ztec Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:33 am

Any news or anything you can tell us bout this swap Allmotor. I'm guessin you can do an H2B conversion from wat is said in this thread. http://www.hondaracing.za.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21683&highlight=
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Number of posts : 367
    Rider Points : 534
    Street Rep : 0
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

F20b/2L vtec??? Empty Re: F20b/2L vtec???

Post  Vtec_Driver Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Maybe i can shed some light on this topic because i have askd allmotr this question before and i have done a little research.firstly this was a prelude motor not an S2000 because the f series engine is found in the S2000. Secondly mountings might work but gearbox from a b series wont work u gonna need the adapter kit.oh and if u thinkin of gettin this block instead of a b20z or b20b the b series head doesnt fit with the f20b block.hope i shed sum lyt
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Lets for arguments sake say. You have a D series motor but you feel you wanna go 2L. You anyway hav to change all mountings and G/box, So instead of having to buy a b-series motor (complete)for 6.5k and then still having to buy the head which is gonna set you back about another 3k, buyin the gearbox 6k (that's if you ever find 1 lol! )... Basically wat i'm askin or wanna no is, would this be a viable option or atleast an easier option 2 go 2L, if you no wat i mean? Cos if you get the adaptor it should work aswell but the question is how much is that adaptor?
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Number of posts : 367
    Rider Points : 534
    Street Rep : 0

Post  Vtec_Driver Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:46 pm

I guess if u go the route of dropping this motor in if a d series wud be cost effective ja. I dont whether they make adapters for a d series box to fit on the f20b motor bt i know the b series gearbox adapter for the h series is like R10k it could be a bit cheaper than that. But the job is much easier than finding all those parts and still having to wait long to get the car back from a mechanic because he must drop the head on to the block ,drop the new b series box in etc.so f20b cheaper and instant power
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:01 pm

Vtec_Driver wrote:I guess if u go the route of dropping this motor in if a d series wud be cost effective ja. I dont whether they make adapters for a d series box to fit on the f20b motor bt i know the b series gearbox adapter for the h series is like R10k it could be a bit cheaper than that. But the job is much easier than finding all those parts and still having to wait long to get the car back from a mechanic because he must drop the head on to the block ,drop the new b series box in etc.so f20b cheaper and instant power

I don't think they make that adapter but in both examples here i kinda meant we use da tec g/box. From my personal experience just for the mechanic to put all the B20vtec parts together costs +- 6K. So i mean this motor seems a better option for someone on a budget who doesn't already have a tec. wat i wanna also no, is this motor any good? If you have a tec in my opinion your best and cheapest option would be to go B20 but for someone who has a d-series motor i think this might just be a better option scratch I'd like to hear wat other people think about this tho cyclops
    Honda_Mad
    Honda_Mad

Number of posts : 237
    Rider Points : 430
    Street Rep : 8

Post  Honda_Mad Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:21 pm

F20B is basically a destroked h22, same head casting, cams ect. Slightly higher comp. -- 11.1. F20b on the other hand doesnt have the kak fibre reinforced sleeves like the h22. Its much more rev happy than a h22 as well,U do get a h2d but i dont really think a d series box will handle a 2.2l abuse for 2 long.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am