Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presents a community forum for all Honda and non Honda fanatics...

2 posters

S2S 13/02/10

PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Number of posts : 317
    Rider Points : 369
    Street Rep : 1
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

S2S 13/02/10 Empty S2S 13/02/10

Post  PJ B20ztec Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:06 pm

So after many months sorting my car out, I finally had the opportunity to take her out this weekend & post my 1st race tales Laughing . After servicing her Saturday morning, I felt a vast improvement and felt very good about doing well at S2S Laughing ...

I get to Killarney car still in full street trim, all belts on, pump fuel. Wanna see wat she does as is mos... So I get there at 16h30 only to find out the timing equipment is f@cked Rolling Eyes . So I think ima do this anyway, gonna be some good practice and guess wat, I was right Embarassed Killarney was completely different to the street... affraid

I go through scrutineering and go park. chat to a guy wit an EG ballade an ask wat is the setup there how does 1 organise a race? Probably thought to himself, wat a noob Laughing . He asks me wat's under da hood an I tell him its 2l king ,didn't ask any of the cars I ran against wat they were running, cos to me it didn't really matter,most people would probably give bullsh!t answers anyway... I was there for one thing only, to get some practice in. He asks if I wanna go, I say ja sure. I mean this is the reason I'm here...

Anyway 1st race against blue 180e wit cams...

1st gear I completely miss the lights and the 180e is off, I spin off the line, 180e probably pulled me six cars off da line Shocked hit 2nd and I spinning like a top on a ice rink, I hit limiter and decide to just put it in 3rd now to make matters worse 3rd gear isn't where I last left it and when I eventually found it, it was relly too l8 scratch I basically gave up halfway down the straight. Come back around and ask the guy if he wanna go again he says ok. He asks me if I deflated my tyres and I say no and I deflate them right then and there.

2nd race...

We stage lights go green and the 180e is off, pulls 2-3 cars ahead of me but this time I get a much better launch with less wheelspin Twisted Evil I hook 2nd and reel him in Very Happy end of 2nd I'm 1 car ahead, hook 3rd an I'm gone with the wind, probably 4+ cars.

3rd race against white GXI sounded like it had cams...

1st gear once again I spin off the line, GXI 3+ cars ahead scratch thought it was over, didn't expect to reel this car in easily. hook 2nd and I pull up to his back bumper, 3rd gear and I'm next to him hit 4th and his by my front door. So that's 2-1 in my favor cheers

Had 2 aborted runs after that. Me an da lights weren't on da best terms Evil or Very Mad

So a guy wit a red Nispec sti asks me for a run I oblige, now this car you can hear is fully worked cos it idle like a golf wit cams dunno wat else was done cos it sounded heavy..

1st run spin thru 1st & 2nd, he's easily 5 cars ahead. gap stays that way til the end. We had another run with the exact same result. Need to work on the launch cos I couldn't get traction at all.

Then raced a friend of mine wit a 2l 8v golf, he does a 14.1 at Killarney...

We launch... I get a decent launch (not the greatest), he half a car ahead, hook 2nd and we neck & neck, 3rd still the same, 4th we cross the traps with me at his front fender. Afterwards he told me he had a problem wit his car, it was missin when he get to 5500-6000rpm.

5th race against Polo

1st gear he is 3+ cars ahead, hook 2nd & I'm 2 cars ahead @ the end I was lightyears ahead.

6th race against 2 door golf was basically the same as against the polo

7th race against red FN2 Type R...

Here I get my best launch of the day after 1st gear I'm 2+ cars ahead, hook 2nd and I put 1 more on him 3rd I open more, across the traps and I'm 4+ cars ahead (could be more though)

So that was the last race for my eve & went home, not entirely satisfied bout my day but atleast I know I have loads of room for improvement...
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Number of posts : 367
    Rider Points : 534
    Street Rep : 0
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

S2S 13/02/10 Empty Re: S2S 13/02/10

Post  Vtec_Driver Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:36 pm

PJ B20ztec wrote:So after many months sorting my car out, I finally had the opportunity to take her out this weekend & post my 1st race tales Laughing . After servicing her Saturday morning, I felt a vast improvement and felt very good about doing well at S2S Laughing ...

I get to Killarney car still in full street trim, all belts on, pump fuel. Wanna see wat she does as is mos... So I get there at 16h30 only to find out the timing equipment is f@cked Rolling Eyes . So I think ima do this anyway, gonna be some good practice and guess wat, I was right Embarassed Killarney was completely different to the street... affraid

I go through scrutineering and go park. chat to a guy wit an EG ballade an ask wat is the setup there how does 1 organise a race? Probably thought to himself, wat a noob Laughing . He asks me wat's under da hood an I tell him its 2l king ,didn't ask any of the cars I ran against wat they were running, cos to me it didn't really matter,most people would probably give bullsh!t answers anyway... I was there for one thing only, to get some practice in. He asks if I wanna go, I say ja sure. I mean this is the reason I'm here...

1st gear I completely miss the lights and the 180e is off, I spin off the line, 180e probably pulled me six cars off da line Shocked hit 2nd and I spinning like a top on a ice rink, I hit limiter and decide to just put it in 3rd now to make matters worse 3rd gear isn't where I last left it and when I eventually found it, it was relly too l8 scratch I basically gave up halfway down the straight. Come back around and ask the guy if he wanna go again he says ok. He asks me if I deflated my tyres and I say no and I deflate them right then and there.

2nd race...

We stage lights go green and the 180e is off, pulls 2-3 cars ahead of me but this time I get a much better launch with less wheelspin Twisted Evil I hook 2nd and reel him in Very Happy end of 2nd I'm 1 car ahead, hook 3rd an I'm gone with the wind, probably 4+ cars.

1st gear once again I spin off the line, GXI 3+ cars ahead scratch thought it was over, didn't expect to reel this car in easily. hook 2nd and I pull up to his back bumper, 3rd gear and I'm next to him hit 4th and his by my front door. So that's 2-1 in my favor cheers

Had 2 aborted runs after that. Me an da lights weren't on da best terms Evil or Very Mad

So a guy wit a red Nispec sti asks me for a run I oblige, now this car you can hear is fully worked cos it idle like a golf wit cams dunno wat else was done cos it sounded heavy..

1st run spin thru 1st & 2nd, he's easily 5 cars ahead. gap stays that way til the end. We had another run with the exact same result. Need to work on the launch cos I couldn't get traction at all.

We launch... I get a decent launch (not the greatest), he half a car ahead, hook 2nd and we neck & neck, 3rd still the same, 4th we cross the traps with me at his front fender. Afterwards he told me he had a problem wit his car, it was missin when he get to 5500-6000rpm.

5th race against Polo

1st gear he is 3+ cars ahead, hook 2nd & I'm 2 cars ahead @ the end I was lightyears ahead.

Here I get my best launch of the day after 1st gear I'm 2+ cars ahead, hook 2nd and I put 1 more on him 3rd I open more, across the traps and I'm 4+ cars ahead (could be more though)

So that was the last race for my eve & went home, not entirely satisfied bout my day but atleast I know I have loads of room for improvement...

Nice runs there meneer cheers

Are you going to be running in the B vs K series shootout?
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:So after many months sorting my car out, I finally had the opportunity to take her out this weekend & post my 1st race tales Laughing . After servicing her Saturday morning, I felt a vast improvement and felt very good about doing well at S2S Laughing ...

2nd race...

5th race against Polo

Dunno when it is but sounds like it might go down this week at S2S. If it does I will be in PE this weekend. Gonna buy me a MSA licence next month cos I think I'll get more experience there anyway.
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Post  Vtec_Driver Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:18 am

PJ B20ztec wrote:
    Vtec_Driver wrote:

2nd race...

5th race against Polo

Dunno when it is but sounds like it might go down this week at S2S. If it does I will be in PE this weekend. Gonna buy me a MSA licence next month cos I think I'll get more experience there anyway.

Sounds good let me know when you gonna ride again

wana see the monster in action
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 am

Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:
    Vtec_Driver wrote:

2nd race...

5th race against Polo

Bring that car of yours to da track man...we can somme all make a day of it cheers
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Post  Vtec_Driver Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:52 am

PJ B20ztec wrote:
    Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:
    Vtec_Driver wrote:

2nd race...

5th race against Polo

Bring that car of yours to da track man...we can somme all make a day of it cheers

we were all at the track past friday

EVEN JLUDER Cool

Was great fun, me and him struggling with our launch

That lights took us whole night for a gat lol
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:09 pm

I heard you guys were struggling. The exact same happened to me when I went... Very Happy
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Post  Vtec_Driver Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:44 pm

PJ B20ztec wrote:I heard you guys were struggling. The exact same happened to me when I went... Very Happy

I checked and saw they didnt even record my other runs

Just the one where i did like a 16.7 and my reaction time was 1,7 seconds lmimp affraid
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:22 am

Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:I heard you guys were struggling. The exact same happened to me when I went... Very Happy

Just the one where i did like a 16.7 and my reaction time was 1,7 seconds lmimp affraid

1.7s...did you have a little nap when you were on the line Very Happy
    Vtec_Driver
    Vtec_Driver

Post  Vtec_Driver Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:22 pm

PJ B20ztec wrote:
    Vtec_Driver wrote:

Was looking into the mirror to long B16 ego mos Twisted Evil
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 am

Vtec_Driver wrote:
    PJ B20ztec wrote:
    Vtec_Driver wrote:

Was looking into the mirror to long B16 ego mos Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:49 pm