Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presents a community forum for all Honda and non Honda fanatics...

+3
Honda_Mad
Silversurfer
PJ B20ztec
7 posters

Pics of my ride (updates pg1)

PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Number of posts : 317
    Rider Points : 369
    Street Rep : 1
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

Pics of my ride (updates pg1) - Page 3 Empty Re: Pics of my ride (updates pg1)

Post  PJ B20ztec Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:41 am

Silversurfer wrote:I had the megan branch fitted at profit and there was a slight blow by the knuckle i also fitted a normal simota induction kit took the whale tollie off there is no engine light coming on the car does feel abit sluggish Nivans figures was 125kw not sure about the torque does he have cams in? Sakkie also said my car is making power passed 7500 where Theo set the limiter he told me its pointless shifting the limiter with stock cams my car should make way more power i think if tuned right even without cams.

The header might have shifted your powerband higher than where it was with the standard manifold. My car also feels like it starts to peak later than it did with the old manifold. Your limiter must be shifted higher. Remember we had this convo in your other thread about your tuning.
    Silversurfer
    Silversurfer

Number of posts : 86
    Rider Points : 123
    Street Rep : 0
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  Silversurfer Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:01 am

Yip you are right so im gonna have to retune my car because of the changes i made with the branch and induction.Can you feel the difference once you fitted the megan branch and have you dyno once the branch was fitted?
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:46 am

Silversurfer wrote:Yip you are right so im gonna have to retune my car because of the changes i made with the branch and induction.Can you feel the difference once you fitted the megan branch and have you dyno once the branch was fitted?

Haven't been on the dyno yet. Might go have a power run on the 2nd. Still need to get me a set of camgears pale I could feel a vast improvement with the header fitted. When the car hits 6k rpm it feels like it revs harder till 8k.
    Silversurfer
    Silversurfer

Number of posts : 86
    Rider Points : 123
    Street Rep : 0
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post  Silversurfer Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:40 am

Honestly the only thing that changed for me when i fitted the branch was the sound it sounds evil when i pull hard but more bark than bite but i think im gonna rather have her tuned properly first.I had a shoot with my car on saturday will post some pix shortly.
    PJ B20ztec
    PJ B20ztec

Post  PJ B20ztec Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:19 am

Silversurfer wrote:Honestly the only thing that changed for me when i fitted the branch was the sound it sounds evil when i pull hard but more bark than bite but i think im gonna rather have her tuned properly first.I had a shoot with my car on saturday will post some pix shortly.

Well the major difference for me is between 6 - 8k rpm. So if your car is only tuned till 7k rpm you not really benefitting from the header. As soon as it is retuned and your limiter shifted, your car will probably feel completely different.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:39 am